Sunday, August 5, 2012

Today I started the Advocare 24-day Challenge

Today we did it! Michael and I began our journey on the Advocare 24-day Challenge, but now without bumps along the road. Though we were both home all day, life got busy today as we took off the wall paper on the large back wall in our living room. Wallpaper was all over the floor and Michael worked and spackled into the night. I was busy helping him when I could, but I focused on what we needed to be eating and when. I cut, measured and brought food to Michael as he worked.

I didn't get up until 10 am so our meals were a bit off so we combined our lunch and mid-day snack - which was eaten at 4 P.M.! Like anything, there is a learning curve and questions to be asked, but we did our best for day one. I'm not sure if we got all of our water in, though.

Tomorrow we are going to church and then a graduation party and there lies the real test. I already have made our meals for tomorrow and now I'm just praying there will also be food there we will be able to eat (chicken instead of hotdogs).

Michael is also concerned about his own day because he travels throughout the day and won't be able to keep the schedule as easily. I'm packing him everything he will need to eat during his day and I hope, when he's driving, he will get opprotunity to eat. It's not uncommon for him to come home and say, "I haven't eaten anything all day." I'm sure THAT won't happen again. With this plan I know he will be eating and I'm sure that will make his busy days more manageable.

We haven't yet measured ourselves. We need to do that.

No comments: