Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Not home for Dinner day 4 & 5

Both day 4 & 5 I was out for dinner and part lunch.

Yesterday we had to leave at 11 am for a doctor's appointment and get to a birthday sleep-over campout. Needless to say I brought my cooler stocked with everything I would need to survive the day. At the party, I had no desire for the chips or cake - amazing! The only thing is that I did eat baked chicken served there that was seasoned with salt & pepper. Overall I think I handled day 4 pretty well, except I think I should have had more water! I went to bed feeling my feet where bloated and I was coming down with a cold. I didn't have a good sleep that night because of a stuffy nose.

Today I woke up feeling much better and when I went on the scale, I did lose a little. However, I had to take my second Spark with my lunchtime meal because I didn't get a good sleep last night and I was starting to feel very tired.
I left at 2 p.m., after my lunch, to take my oldest to a doctor's appointment whic I thought would be quick and then I'd pick up my kids from the birthday campout early and come home for dinner. Therefore, I did NOT bring any provisions. Well, that didn't turn out like that. The 2:45 appointment ended at 5 p.m. and by then I was beyond ready for my mid-afternoon snack since I had not eaten since 1:30. So I ran to Aldi's and got a Bolthouse Green Drink, a banana & some sun flower seeds before I left for my 45 minute drive to pick up my children.

When I got to my friend's house, I was told that the husband already went out to bring back some dinner for us. So we stayed for dinner again, but this time I didn't have my supplies.

Thus, I didn't take my Omegaplex AGAIN and had chicken, carrots (lightly honey & basil) and a few boiled potatoes. I don't know if potatoes are okay right now, but I was hungry. When I got home at 10 p.m. I took my Herbal Tablets, but not the Omegplex I missed at dinner.

I was pretty much out all day both days. Next time when I go out I now know I need to be ready for ANYTHING and bring some Advocare supplies with me. I don't want to get stuck NOT having what I need to take when I'm caught not being able to eat at time.

I'm trying the best I can, but I can see it is MUCH harder when you are on the move, which I am all too often. It's easy to forget your supplies when in a rush to get out the door and perhaps not really anticipating that you just MIGHT be out when it comes time for your next Advocare product. It's also easy to not reach those 2-3 hour deadlines between meals when you are somewhere where you can't get to food or are very busy doing something you need to get done. And when these things happen, it's also difficult to go out-of-your way to find food or ask for tailored food when at a friend's house that you are able to eat on this challenge. I struggled with all of these these past two days and I can say, I get it why this is called a challange.

No comments: