Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Kentucky Fried Cruelty and My Two Cents

Make your own KFC sign at KentuckyFriedCruelty.com I saw a video that made my hair stand up. It was Pamela Anderson in "Kentucky Fried Cruelty." It shows how the KFC Restaurant Chain treats their birds and it was simply horrifying to say the least. You can see it below:
Watch more videos at KentuckyFriedCruelty.com. This was a real eye opener for me. I have always known that the chickens KFC used were not in best of health because it's wasn't uncommon for me to find their bones easily broken when eating them. This means they were weak chickens. But now after seeing this video I can see why and how and I don't think our family will EVER go back to KFC. Even now, my children have adopted the term "Kentucky Fried Cruelty" when we pass by KFC. It is forever stuck in their heads for I let them see the video too. The odd thing is that me and my family are NOT animal activists. I don't go around saying things like "save the animals" nor am I aganist using animals for clothing or food (though I don't see the need to use them for commerical purposes anymore since we have so many man-made materials that can take their place). Our family is not vegetarians. However, I do have one child who hates the idea of eating meat so I have explained to him and my children it is OK to eat meat for even Jesus ate fish and God gave permission for the temple priests to eat the meat from various sacrifices as a provision and blessing for them. However, I feel that Jesus would want us to still be kind to the animals when they are alive. Even during the passover, the lamb that was chosen to be slain was to be taken into the Jewish home for a week and treated nicely. The children were to play with it and they were to give it love so that when it was sacrificed, the family understood how painful their sins were because after a week they had become attached to the lamb. I have seen nothing in God's word that has given us the right to behave meanly to animals who are in our care.
Now I don't know if PETA believes that animals have souls. If PETA does believe that perhaps that's why they are so against KFC. There's nothing said in God's Word that animals have souls - only men do. We are the only created creature that has a soul that can last into eternity. God does speak very sternly about not killing another human being but nothing on animals. However, the Bible gives no liberty on treating animals harshly before they are killed for food either. I believe KFC and the workers working in their slaughterhouses are grieving the heart of Jesus. Not only that but when someone does something so horrifying like that for a time, it makes you numb. Many of the workers take death and killing in those slaughter houses into an enjoyable act and adopt some sadistic tendencies. Hey I don't think any slaughter house should be filled with men who love their work - do you? (Selah)
OK - this is a bit crazy - here is my second post and I'm still talking about something that is off the wall for me.
Something has to be done and our family will do our best to boycott KFC. So hopefully, I won't always blog heavy things like this but I felt I had to do my share on the big WWW to be a voice against KFC's slaughter practices. That was my two cents worth. What is yours?

No comments: